About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world's leading student loyalty network. We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. Student Beans can verify 163 million students in 52 countries and is used by over 500 of the world's most famous brands - Google, TopShop, Apple, GymShark, Starbucks ... to name a few! As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our clients, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
Since 2017, Student Beans has tripled the size of its teams London, Manchester, Birmingham and Philippines and opened brand new offices in New York and Melbourne. But we’re not stopping there! Over the next few years, we will be growing from 100 to 400 staff worldwide and launching into brand new territories across USA, Europe and APAC.
At Student Beans, we have a thrilling and exciting journey ahead, with ambitious goals and incredible possibilities. We are looking for great people, who want to be part of something amazing, to join us.
About the Role
As a result of our incredible growth, we are looking for a UX Designer to join us!
As UX Designer, you’ll be responsible for creating innovative and captivating digital experiences for hundreds of the world’s most famous brands, as well as over 160 million students globally. As Student Beans triples in size, you will pioneer the internationalisation of our product and work on the most exciting new features we have ever launched.
The successful candidate will drive UX best practices, creating beautiful and engaging interfaces across web and mobile, and be accountable for the entire product design life-cycle. Placing the user at the forefront of all your creations and acting as an ambassador of our brand, you’ll spearhead user research, run focus groups and workshops, and champion user-centred design.
You will also be responsible for mapping out customer journeys, designing user flows, creating prototypes, user testing and high fidelity designs of interface and interactions to bring the product to life.
No one day will be the same - the environment is agile, dynamic and ever-changing. The UX Designer will collaborate with other Designers, Product Managers and Developers to ensure product requirements are met and we continue to produce the most stunning visuals in the industry.
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success within a similar Product or UX Designer role.
- Passion and a borderline obsession for everything Design!
- Strong working knowledge of Figma or Sketch.
- Competency working as part of an Agile, multidisciplinary project team.
- Experience in the entire product design life-cycle: conducting user research, mapping out customer journeys, designing user flows, creating wireframes and prototypes, user testing and visual design.
- A customer-focus and experience placing the user at the forefront of all design solutions.
- Strong conceptualisation and visual communication skills.
- Experience in creating Responsive Web Design and mobile app designs.
- Excellent communication and stakeholder-management skills.
Life At Student Beans
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary with generous bonus schemes and incentives.
- Amazing culture - casual dress, office Sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl, constant supply of sweet treats and drinks fridge!
- Young, vibrant and social environment - famous Christmas and Summer parties, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Free gym (on site) membership.
- Incredible partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino's, Uber, Missguided … to name a few!