Front End Engineer
The Beans Group is a technology and media company that exists to empower young people to thrive. We have been on an exciting journey since our inception as studentbeans.com in 2005 and recently we won Digital Business of the Year. Our products reach millions of young people every month.
You will be working with a group of witty and passionate people to not only develop, but shape the architecture and future of a unique platform that allows brands and local businesses to connect to their student customers.
We are working with what we believe are the best tools that are currently available, and we constantly look to improve and renew. In order to achieve the best result in this fast paced, constantly evolving industry you will need to be able to quickly adapt and learn fast. Being at the bleeding edge of technology is very exciting and makes our work varied and fun, however brings with it a lot of challenges that can only be overcome by working together and staying true to our principals, and learning from our mistakes and failures.
- Experience with modern scripting languages
- Experience with a JS framework (AngularJS, Ember.js, React.js)
- Experience writing scaleable SCSS (using BEM, OOCSS etc)
- Experience using Git and Github
- Ability to write vanilla JS
- Ability to demonstrate team and project-based work
- Good communication skills
- Working knowledge of front-end cross-browser implementations and incompatibilities
- Experience with React.js and Flux.js
- Knowledge of ES6, CoffeeScript, Sass, HAML and Ruby on Rails
- Experience with Scrum and/or similar processes and methods
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD
- Appreciation of what constitutes good UX/UI and design
Life at The Beans Group
There are many things that make working at The Beans Group rewarding but we believe that a business is only as good as the people who work there - which is why we only hire great people! We are building a business which we are passionate about and really proud of. If you have what it takes to delight, inspire and empower those around you, then these are some of the things you can look forward to enjoying…
Multiple Award-Winning Company and Brands; Entrepreneurial Startup Culture with Security of being Fully-Self-Funded; Major Growth Plans; Awesome Team; Competitive Salary; In-House Training and Development; Childcare Vouchers; Diverse social and educational calendar - famous summer parties and World Renown Speakers - Past speakers include David Allen, David Taylor & Baroness Sue Campbell
If you want to work with us on this role, please take a look at our instructions here. We do not work with agencies in any capacity other than this and do not take sales calls under any circumstances. If you ignore these simple guidelines, we can't work with you. They'll tell you everything you need to know.