Front End Developer
About Student Beans
Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. We produce our award-winning technology for the world’s most famous brands such as Google, TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, and Domino’s, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
In 2017 Student Beans doubled in size, growing all of our UK offices across London, Birmingham and Manchester, but we also opened our brand new office in New York! In 2018 we will be embarking on our most exciting journey yet, tripling in size, expanding internationally across Europe, Asia and Australasia and continuing to engage with even more of the world's biggest brands.
About the Role
Reporting directly into the Technical Lead, the Front End Developer will work collaboratively with the Engineering team and Designers on a variety of web development projects, from our most mature products to new builds, across both web and mobile platforms. You'll experience first-hand what it is like to globalise an award-winning platform, used by the biggest brands on the planet, including Google, Apple and Microsoft!
Our Engineering team is working with very the best tools currently available, but we’re constantly looking to improve and innovate. The project roadmap ahead is incredible and we empower our Developers to transform their own ideas into reality. In order to achieve exceptional results in this constantly evolving industry, we work dynamically and transparently. We adapt quickly, break stuff, learn from our mistakes and then create it again ... bigger and better than ever before!
We'd really like to hear from you, if you have ...
It would be nice, but not essential, if you have ...
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript, Sass and Compass, HAML and Ruby on Rails
- Understanding of responsive web development
- Working knowledge of front-end cross-browser implementations and incompatibilities
- Appreciation of what constitutes good UX/UI and design
- Exposure to source control management using Git
Life at Student Beans
Our Engineering Team is a collective mix of the most passionate and talented Developers and Designers in the country. Take a look at what life for you at Student Beans would really be like - http://careers.studentbeans.com/engineers/
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Industry-leading induction and training programme, with incredible career opportunities available, including management and international relocation/travel.
- Empowering and autonomous environment; you're encouraged to transform your ideas into tangible solutions and make a real impact!
- Amazing culture - office Sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl, sweet treats and drinks fridge!
- Flexible working hours - late starts and early finishes!
- Competitive salary
- Famous Christmas, Summer Parties, regular socials and adventurous activities
- Free gym membership
- Ridiculously tempting partnership discounts for the world's biggest brands ... Apple, Microsoft, Domino's ... to name a few!