Business Development Manager
About Student Beans
Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. We produce our award-winning technology for the world’s most famous brands such as Google, TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, and Domino’s, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
In 2017 Student Beans doubled in size, growing all of our UK offices across London, Birmingham and Manchester, but we also opened our brand new office in New York! In 2018 we will be embarking on our most exciting journey yet, tripling in size, expanding internationally across Europe, Asia and Australasia and continuing to engage with even more of the world's biggest brands.
About the Role
As a result of continued company success and growth, Student Beans has a fantastic opening within their highly talented sales team as a Business Development Manager.
Working within a target driven B2B sales environment and engaging with the world’s largest retail brands such as TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, River Island and Domino’s, the Business Development Manager will have a brilliant sales track record and therefore reap the rewards of uncapped commission. As a the company experiences tremendous growth both across the UK and globally, you will have many career development opportunities available to you - including international travel, management and a very impressive earning potential.
We are open to candidates from all types of sales backgrounds and industries, but most importantly you will be ambitious, passionate and hungry to win new business!
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new business and generating sales with some of the world's most prominent and recognised brands.
- Winning new business through effective lead sourcing, cold calling and relationship building.
- Contacting retail brands and agencies to develop a pipeline of customers.
- Understanding client needs and build client relationships, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Attending and hosting exclusive business events.
- International travel (optional) to clients and our global offices.
We would really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success within a new business development role and experience in the entire sales life-cycle: lead generation, pitching, proposals, negotiation and closing.
- Passion, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- A pro-active attitude and ability to excel within a fast-paced and target-driven environment.
- A tenacious 'hunter’ approach to B2B sales.
Life At Student Beans
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary
- Uncapped commission!
- Amazing culture - casual dress, office Sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl, sweet treats and drinks fridge!
- Flexible working hours
- Famous Christmas and Summer Parties, regular socials and adventurous activities
- Free gym membership
- Partnership discounts for the best brands in the world - TopShop, Ted Baker, Missguided, Microsoft … to name a few!