About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world's leading student loyalty network. We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. Student Beans can verify 163 million students in 52 countries and is used by over 500 of the world's most famous brands - Google, TopShop, Apple, GymShark, Domino’s ... to name a few! As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our clients, change the lives of our students and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
Over the past two years alone, Student Beans has grown from 20 - 120 staff, significantly expanding our existing offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Philippines, whilst established brand new offices in New York and Melbourne.
And we’re showing no signs of slowing down yet! By 2021, we will be a team of over 400 people with offices all over the world. We will continue to innovate our product on a global scale, engage with more world-famous brands and empower as many students as we possibly can.
Student Beans has a thrilling and incredibly exciting journey ahead, with ambitious goals and endless possibilities. However, it is only because of our brilliant people that we have achieved so much and we are looking for even more talented individuals to join us on our journey.
About the Role
As a result of our incredible growth and success, we are looking for a Product Director to join us and pioneer Student Beans’ market-leading technology like never before.
Reporting into our CEO/Founder, this is a brand new role whereby you will have full ownership of our international product. As Product Director, you will be the visionary behind our technology, creating and executing a strategy to scale Student Beans globally. Working closely with our Technical Director and CEO/Founder, you will oversee our roadmap, systems and processes, and spearhead the innovation of our SaaS platform, website and mobile app across UK, EU, USA and APAC.
As Product Director, you will lead and inspire a team of incredibly talented and passionate Product Managers, empowering them to deliver the best solutions possible. You’ll play one of the most influential roles in our business and be part of our leadership team, managing relationships with all senior stakeholders across Marketing, Sales and Operations and acting as a true product champion as we propel into our next stage of internationalisation.
Areas of Responsibility
- Strategy and Vision - collaborating with our CEO/Founder and Technical Director, you will be the sole person responsible for creating and executing our product strategy and spearhead the product roadmap as we scale internationally.
- Team Management - you’ll lead, inspire and empower a growing team of fantastically talented Product Managers, providing mentorship, direction and oversee prioritisation of work.
- Product Culture - as Product Director, you will pioneer the product management culture at Student Beans, ensuring your team and the wider business have the correct systems and processes in place. You’ll drive the delivery of ground-breaking new features and the global evolution of our platform, whilst bridging the gap between Tech and Commercial.
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success in a Product Director/Head of Product role.
- A background working within the technology/digital industry.
- Strategic experience and a visionary mindset - you have worked with senior managers on the high level product strategy.
- Competency working in an Agile environment.
- People-management skills - you have lead a team of Product Managers, providing not only technical direction, but personal development.
- A passion for product - you embody the product culture personally and drive this throughout the business.
- Fantastic communication skills with the ability to build robust relationships with senior management and board-level executives.
- An analytical mind and track record of making data-driven decisions.
Life At Student Beans
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary.
- Incredible career opportunities - as we continue on our amazing journey, there are so many career development paths you can personally take, whether that be moving to one of our international offices or being a leader of the future!
- Amazing culture - casual dress, office Sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl, constant supply of sweet treats and drinks!
- Young, vibrant and social environment - more socials than you can fit in your calendar; monthly socials with different themes (90's School Disco was the best!), meal nights, Ladies Day, famous Christmas Party and our Summer Get-Away (3 days out the office on a big country estate, emails OFF, we're joined by all the different Student Beans teams from their different locations and we do nothing but eat, drink, adventurous activities and have A LOT of fun!
- Free membership to our on-site gym.
- Access to ALL of our partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino's, Pretty Little Thing, Missguided … to name a few!