Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. Our award-winning technology enables the world’s most famous brands such as TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, River Island and Domino’s to connect with the youth market and drives hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. We consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees. We are growing exceptionally fast, opening offices across the world and have recently won Digital Business of the Year.
About The Role
Student Beans is about to embark on its most exciting journey of growth yet, and our data is at the heart of it all! As a Data Analyst, you will have the incredibly exciting opportunity to create our Data function for the very first time. You will be our “Data Guru” with a true passion for digital and data, as well as entrepreneurial spirit in order to help us achieve our goals.
The Data Analyst will be responsible for creating and maintaining our data dictionary, so that we can track our user journeys as we continue to innovate our industry-leading product. You’ll be a linchpin in our business, providing support and insightful analysis to multiple teams, including Marketing, Sales, Engineering and Finance. The Data Analyst will be pivotal in product optimisation and customer retention, ensuring the best data is readily available at our fingertips!
The role will provide you with an amazing scope to work on a variety of exciting projects. As we capture the data of millions of students each month, you’ll be working within a Big Data environment and exposed to the latest tools and technologies, such as Google Analytics, Looker, Snowplow, Hadoop, Python and R.
The role will involve analysis of customer and site data to help make data-driven decisions to shape the marketing strategy and product development.
- You will design and develop dashboards, using the tools and data available across the business to meet user requirements and project goals. Also enhance the existing tools to ensure we’re delivering the maximum value as the business evolves!
- You will monitor and troubleshoot data sets, reports, and data quality. You’ll show the tenacity to solve those niggling problems that seem to keep coming back.
- You will be one of the experts on reporting tools such as Tableau, Business Objects and SQL, and have experience in ETL tools and concepts. Be responsible for consistently providing ad-hoc support and training of our user community.
- You will partner with different functions and teams in the business (Analytics, Sales, Finance, Product, Customer Operations) to understand their challenges and support cross-functional projects.
- Investigating new data sources and calculations that can change the way we look at the business.
- Help to optimise business processes using appropriate data-centric solutions.
- Extracting valuable insight from our data and generating analysis that drives customer retention and conversion.
- Excellent communication skills and confidence in presenting
- Energetic and passionate self-starter
- Advanced Excel skills
- Proficiency in SQL
- Digital experience - knowledge of Google Analytics or similar
- Entrepreneurial spirit with an ambitious and results-driven attitude
- A numerical mind and quantitative aptitude with a basic understanding of statistics
- An inquisitive personality; a keen problem-solver with a passion for data
- An ability to extract data and transform it into valuable, actionable insight
- Tableau or similar experience
- Optimisation experience
- Experience in programming languages such as R or Python
There are many things that make working here rewarding, but we believe that a business is only as good as the people who work there - which is why we only hire great people! A great culture is incredibly important to us too - and here are just some of the benefits of working for Student Beans:
- Amazing environment - office sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl and constant supply of sweet treats!
- Fun culture - monthly socials, meal nights, adventurous activities and infamous Christmas and Summer parties!
- Competitive salary
- Free gym (on site) membership
- Impressive partnership discounts for the world’s biggest brands - Microsoft, Domino’s, TopShop, TopMan, Missguided, River Island, Ted Baker … to name a few!