Business Development Manager
About Student Beans
Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. We produce our award-winning technology for the world’s most famous brands such as Google, TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, and Domino’s, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
In 2017 Student Beans doubled in size, growing all of our UK offices across London, Birmingham and Manchester, but we also opened our brand new office in New York! In 2018 we will be embarking on our most exciting journey yet, tripling in size, expanding internationally across Europe, Asia and Australasia and continuing to engage with even more of the world's biggest brands.
About the Role
As Business Development Manager, you will spearhead business development for the US and play a pivotal role in our global expansion. Working collaboratively with the Managing Director of America and VP of Business Development, you will win business with the world’s largest retail brands.
The Business Development Manager will have a brilliant sales track record and therefore reap the rewards of uncapped commission. You’ll be tenacious and ambitious with an entrepreneurial spirit and true passion for sales. The Business Development Manager will relish in acquiring new business, engaging with clients over the phone and face-to-face. As one of the key figureheads in our US business, you will have many career development opportunities available to you - including international travel, management and a very impressive earning potential.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new business and generating sales with some of the world's most prominent and recognised brands.
- Winning new business through effective lead sourcing, cold calling and relationship- building.
- Contacting retail brands and agencies to develop a pipeline of customers.
- Understanding client needs and building client relationships, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Taking full ownership of negotiation and closing of deals.
- Attending and hosting exclusive business events.
- International travel to clients and our global offices.
We would really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success within a new business development role and experience in the entire sales life-cycle: lead generation, pitching, proposals, negotiation and closing.
- Passion, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- A pro-active attitude and ability to excel within a fast-paced and target-driven environment.
- A tenacious 'hunter’ approach to B2B sales.
- A desire to be part of something incredible, pioneer a market and help shape the future of Student Beans USA!
Life at Student Beans
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive basic salary
- Uncapped commission!
- Excellent benefits and compensation packages.
- Extraordinary training programme, including an all-expenses-paid induction week at our London office with our founders.
- Flexible working hours
- Career Development Programme - including career opportunities within management and at our international offices.
- Famous Christmas and Summer parties, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Significant discounts on major retail brands.
If you are a passionate Business Development Manager, who is looking to develop a career within a leading global digital business and drive their US expansion, please apply for immediate consideration!