Business Development Manager
About Student Beans
Student Beans is a global marketing platform. Our award winning technology connects leading brands and publishers to drive hundreds of millions of dollars of student sales every year. We consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees. We are growing exceptionally fast and we recently won Digital Business of the Year.
Established in 2005, Student Beans operates out of the UK, Europe and Asia. Having grown our headcount by 100% in the past year alone, we are about to embark on our most exciting journey of growth yet, opening our next office in New York! We are already engaging with over 50 of the biggest US brands such as PacSun, Best Buy, Uber and Apple.
About the Role
As Business Development Manager, you will spearhead business development for the US and play a pivotal role in our global expansion. Working collaboratively with the Managing Director of America and VP of Business Development, you will win business with the world’s largest retail brands.
The Business Development Manager will have a brilliant sales track record and therefore reap the rewards of uncapped commission. You’ll be tenacious and ambitious with an entrepreneurial spirit and true passion for sales. The Business Development Manager will relish in acquiring new business, engaging with clients over the phone and face-to-face. As one of the key figureheads in our US business, you will have many career development opportunities available to you - including international travel, management and a very impressive earning potential.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Develop new business and generate sales with some of the world's most prominent and recognised brands and retail businesses.
- Win new business through effective lead sourcing, cold calling and relationship- building.
- Contact retail brands and agencies to develop a pipeline of customers.
- Understand client needs and build client relationships, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Taking full ownership of negotiation and closing of deals.
- Attending and hosting exclusive business events.
- International travel to clients and our global offices.
A successful candidate will:
- Have proven success within a sales role.
- Be self-motivated and passionate with an entrepreneurial spirit.
- Be target-driven and pro-active with the ability to work autonomously and manage own sales pipeline.
- Have a 'hunter’ approach to B2B sales.
- Possess excellent telephone and face-to-face sales skills - probing, objection handling, negotiation, closing and tenacity.
- Be a fun and contributing team member.
What Student Beans Can Offer You
We are continuing to build a business that we are passionate about and incredibly proud of. Student Beans believes that having a fun and unique culture is at the heart of our success, and recognising the amazing achievements of our employees is our Number One priority! Here are just a few things that make Student Beans a great place to work:
- Competitive basic salary
- Uncapped commission!
- Excellent benefits and compensation packages.
- Extraordinary training programme, including a 2 week induction at our London office with our founders.
- Flexible working hours
- Career Development Programme - including career opportunities within management and at our international offices.
- Famous Christmas and Summer parties, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Significant discounts on major retail brands.
If you are a passionate Business Development Manager, who is looking to develop a career within a leading global digital business and drive their US expansion, please apply for immediate consideration!