Business Development Manager
About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world's leading student loyalty network. We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. Student Beans can verify 163 million students in 52 countries and is used by over 500 of the world's most famous brands - Google, TopShop, Apple, GymShark, Starbucks ... to name a few! As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our clients, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
Last year Student Beans doubled in size. We grew all of our UK locations, including London, Birmingham and Manchester, and opened our brand new office in New York! Over the next few years, we will be growing from 70 to 370 staff and establishing new offices in Australia, Europe, USA and Asia.
We believe our business is only as good as our people who help build it, and our culture is defined by them. As we embark on our most exciting journey yet, Student Beans is looking for fantastic people who want to be part of something amazing.
About the Role
As Business Development Manager, you will spearhead business development for the US and play a pivotal role in our global expansion. Working collaboratively with the Managing Director of America and VP of Business Development, you will win business with the world’s largest retail brands.
The Business Development Manager will have a brilliant sales track record and therefore reap the rewards of uncapped commission. You’ll be tenacious and ambitious with an entrepreneurial spirit and true passion for sales. The Business Development Manager will relish in acquiring new business, engaging with clients over the phone and face-to-face. As one of the key figureheads in our US business, you will have many career development opportunities available to you - including international travel, management and a very impressive earning potential.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Developing new business and generating sales with some of the world's most prominent and recognised brands.
- Winning new business through effective lead sourcing, cold calling and relationship- building.
- Contacting retail brands and agencies to develop a pipeline of customers.
- Understanding client needs and building client relationships, both face-to-face and over the phone.
- Taking full ownership of negotiation and closing of deals.
- Attending and hosting exclusive business events.
- International travel to clients and our global offices.
We would really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success within a new business development role and experience in the entire sales life-cycle: lead generation, pitching, proposals, negotiation and closing.
- Passion, ambition and an entrepreneurial spirit!
- A pro-active attitude and ability to excel within a fast-paced and target-driven environment.
- A tenacious 'hunter’ approach to B2B sales.
- A desire to be part of something incredible, pioneer a market and help shape the future of Student Beans USA!
What Student Beans Can Offer You
We are continuing to build a business that we are passionate about and incredibly proud of. Student Beans believes that having a fun and unique culture is at the heart of our success, and recognising the amazing achievements of our employees is our Number One priority! Here are just a few things that make Student Beans a great place to work:
- Competitive basic salary
- Generous commission and bonus scheme!
- Excellent benefits and compensation packages.
- Extraordinary training programme.
- Flexible working hours
- Career Development Programme - including career opportunities within management and at our international offices.
- Famous Christmas and Summer parties, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Significant discounts on major retail brands.