About Student Beans
Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. We produce our award-winning technology for the world’s most famous brands such as TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, River Island and Domino’s, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. We consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
Having recently won Digital Business of the Year, Student Beans is about to embark on its most exciting journey yet, as we plan to triple in size over the next 2 years! We are significantly growing our London, Birmingham and Manchester offices, but also expanding internationally across US, Europe, Asia and Australia.
About The Role
As a result of our significant growth plans and international expansion, we have a brand new opening for a Financial Controller to join us. Reporting directly into the Managing Director, you will manage the finance department and ensure company objectives are met. You will support the commercial business, providing financial advice at a strategic level and be an integral part of the senior leadership team. As Financial Controller, this is also a brilliant opportunity to help drive the globalisation of a very interesting business.
- Provide the wider organisation with forecasting and financial modelling to help make well-informed business decisions.
- Develop, implement and oversee all finance systems and processes.
- Supervision of credit control.
- Working with external accountant to support statutory obligations.
- Securing favourable exchange rates and / or forex hedging agreements.
- Production of monthly board packs which drive business insight and decision making.
- Support the Managing Director with short and long term business planning at a strategic level.
- Experience managing a credit control function, with a pro-active, confident and resilient approach to chasing payments.
- Analytical mind and investigative approach to solving problems.
- Competent working in a fast-paced and highly pressurised environment with tight deadlines.
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships with internal and external business stakeholders.
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA qualified.
- Strong IT Skills, including MS Excel (advanced).
- Understanding and/or experience in Business Intelligence and data visualisation software (e.g. Tableau, Qlikview etc.) would be highly desirable.
What’s Life Really Like at Student Beans?
There are many things that make working here rewarding, but we believe that a business is only as good as the people who work there - which is why we only hire great people! We are building a business we are passionate about and really proud of. Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary and outstanding career progression opportunities, including management and international travel/relocation.
- Amazing culture - casual dress, office Sonos, ping pong table, overflowing fruit bowl, constant supply of sweet treats and drinks fridge!
- Flexible working hours.
- Famous Christmas and Summer Parties, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Free gym membership.
- Incredible partnership discounts for the best brands in the world - TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Missguided, Domino's … to name a few!