Head of Data
About Student Beans
Student Beans is the world's leading student loyalty network. We produce our award-winning technology for the biggest retailers on the planet, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. Student Beans can verify 163 million students in 52 countries and is used by over 500 of the world's most famous brands - Google, TopShop, Apple, GymShark, Domino’s ... to name a few! As winner of Digital Business of the Year, we consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our clients, change the lives of our students and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
Over the past two years alone, Student Beans has grown from 20 - 120 staff, significantly expanding our existing offices in London, Manchester, Birmingham and Philippines, whilst established brand new offices in New York and Melbourne.
And we’re showing no signs of slowing down yet! By 2021, we will be a team of over 350 people with offices all over the world. We will continue to innovate our product on a global scale, engage with more world-famous brands and empower as many students as we possibly can.
Student Beans has a thrilling and incredibly exciting journey ahead, with ambitious goals and endless possibilities. However, it is only because of our brilliant people that we have achieved so much and we are looking for even more talented individuals to join us on our journey.
About the Role
At Student Beans, we have billions of data points at our finger tips every day. We are working with the latest tools and technology to understand what students buy, where they buy it and how they behave throughout their customer journey. The sheer amount and complexity of data we have access to is incredibly unique and market-leading.
We are looking for a Head of Data - for the first time ever - to build a business intelligence function and drive our international growth like never before.
Reporting directly to our CEO/Founder, this is a brand new role whereby you will own data across UK, USA and APAC and build a highly talented team around you. As Head of Data, you will be responsible for creating and executing our international data strategy, ensuring that data is at the heart of every decision we make and drives business growth. Acting as a data champion, you will spearhead business intelligence at Student Beans, transforming mindsets and therefore playing one of the most influential and valuable roles in our business.
Areas of Responsibility:
- Strategy and Vision - Working closely with our CEO/Founder, you will build, execute and maintain our data strategy, ensuring it aligns with our company vision and helps us achieve our ambitious goals.
- Team Management - You will build and manage a Data team, ensuring we have the best talent working with us.
- Stakeholder-Management - As Head of Data, you will be part of our leadership team and represent data globally, ensuring the value is communicated with all areas of the business. You will build excellent relationships with the CEO, Technical Director and Product Director in order to effectively execute the strategy you have built, but also with commercial and operational teams to truly transform us into a data-first business.
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success in a Head of Data role whereby you have managed business intelligence for an entire business.
- An industry background in technology or ecommerce.
- Strong leadership skills - you are a passionate and motivational leader of data teams.
- Experience building, executing and maintaining a data strategy.
- Strategic experience and a commercial, visionary mindset - you have worked closely with business founders and/or C-level executives.
- Tenacity and determination - you are results-driven - you are not scared to challenge the status quo and hold people accountable, in order to deliver ROI and propel business growth.
Life At Student Beans
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Competitive salary.
- Incredible career opportunities - as we grow from 120 - 350 employees and scale internationally across UK, USA and APAC, we are looking for leaders of the future!
- Amazing culture - casual dress, office Sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl, constant supply of sweet treats and drinks fridge!
- Young, vibrant and social environment - famous Christmas and summer getaways, regular socials and adventurous activities.
- Free gym (on site) membership.
- Incredible partnership discounts for the biggest brands in the world: Google, Apple, TopShop, Ted Baker, GymShark, Domino's, Uber, Missguided … to name a few!