Ruby on Rails Developer
About Student Beans
Student Beans is a global marketing platform. Our award winning technology connects leading brands and publishers to drive hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. We consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees. We are growing exceptionally fast and we recently won Digital Business of the Year.
As a Ruby on Rails Developer, you will be working with a group of highly talented and passionate people to not only develop, but shape the architecture and future of a unique platform that allows brands and local businesses to connect to their student customers. As we grow extensively and experience an exciting time of change, you will play a pivotal role developing our industry-leading back end system and have fantastic exposure to the full development life cycle, including project management and product design.
We are working with what we believe are the best tools that are currently available, and we constantly look to improve and renew. In order to achieve the best result in this fast paced, constantly evolving industry you will need to be able to quickly adapt and learn fast. Being at the bleeding edge of technology is very exciting and makes our work varied and fun, however brings with it a lot of challenges that can only be overcome by working together and staying true to our principals, and learning from our mistakes and failures.
The Beans Group are open to candidates with a range of experience at different levels - as long as you are passionate about Ruby on Rails!
- Experience with modern scripting languages
- Ability to demonstrate team and project-based work
- Good communication skills
- Ruby/Rails experience - preferably at scale
- Experience with TDD and/or BDD
- Experience with MySQL or other relational DBs
- Experience with Scrum and/or similar processes and methods
- Experience or at least an understanding of the ELK stack
- Exposure to some ELT pipeline, preferably Snowplow
- DevOps experience in any of the following:
- Ubuntu (or any other linux distro)
Life at The Beans Group
There are many things that make working at The Beans Group rewarding but we believe that a business is only as good as the people who work there - which is why we only hire great people! We are building a business which we are passionate about and really proud of. If you have what it takes to delight, inspire and empower those around you, then these are some of the things you can look forward to enjoying…
- Access to the latest, most cutting-edge technologies
- Career Development Programme
- Famous Christmas, Summer Parties, regular socials and adventurous activities
- 50% off at Pizza East
- Free gym membership (to off-set the above!)
- Nerf guns, remote control helicopter, sales trampoline, foosball table and ping pong
- Significant partnership discounts on major retail brands