Front End Developer
About Student Beans
Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. We produce our award-winning technology for the world’s most famous brands such as TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, River Island and Domino’s, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. We consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
At Student Beans, we are on our most exciting journey of growth yet! Since 2017, we have grown our headcount from 20 to 120, opening new offices in New York and Melbourne as well as expanding our existing offices here in the UK. By 2022, we will be 350 staff strong, and we aren't looking to stop there!
Student Beans is engaging more students with more brands than ever before; our technology is revolutionising the industry … and we are looking for great people to join us!
As a result of our incredible growth and success, we are looking for a talented and ambitious Front End Developer to join us and play a pivotal role in the internationalisation of our software on a global scale.
The successful candidate will work across a multitude of front-end development projects, including the innovation of our industry-famous platform as well as new features, developing technology for the world’s most famous brands - Google, Apple, Boohoo and many many more! As Front End Developer, you’ll be working within an agile environment that is fast-paced and ever-changing - no one day will be the same. You’ll be empowered to make decisions, suggest ideas, use your voice and challenge the status quo.
At Student Beans we are working with the best tools currently available and we constantly look to improve and renew. In order to achieve the best result in this fast paced, constantly evolving industry you will need to be able to quickly adapt and learn fast. Being at the bleeding edge of technology is very exciting and makes our work varied and fun, however brings with it a lot of challenges that can only be overcome by working together and staying true to our principals, and learning from our mistakes and failures.
We’d really like to hear from you, if you have …
- Proven success within a Front End Developer role with advanced HTML and CSS skills.
- Experience working in an agile environment, collaborating with other Developers and Designers.
- A passion for our products - you’re a creative genius, pioneering the digital industry.
- Willingness to go above and beyond, to do whatever it takes to produce the highest quality code and create the best web solutions in the world!
- Ambition and drive - you’re hungry to learn and further your development career - you want to make an impact and your voice to be listened to!
It would be a bonus, but not essential, if you have …
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript, Sass and HAML
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
Life at Student Beans
Our Engineering Team is a collective mix of the most passionate and talented Developers and Designers in the country. Take a look at what life for you at Student Beans would really be like - https://about.studentbeans.com/careers/engineering
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for. We are a product-driven business and our technology is at the heart of everything we do.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding for our Engineers, is our main priority!
Here are just a few reasons why our Engineers think Student Beans is an awesome place to work:
- Our culture: relaxed, adult, autonomous, empowering - no hierarchy or project cherry-picking!
- Our projects: working as part of a Squad within an Agile, fast-paced and dynamic environment, you’ll collaborate with other Developers and Designers to internationalise our product - you’ll be constantly challenged, constantly learning and constantly improving.
- Our growth: by 2020, we would have grown from 120 to 350+ people and opened offices across USA, Europe, Asia and Australia.
- Our stack: we work with the most cutting-edge technology to produce only the highest quality code for our clients - Google, Apple, TopShop, Domino’s.
- Our PERKS: remote and flexible working (12pm starts!), very generous annual leave, access to ALL our student discounts, free gym membership, famous Christmas/Summer parties … and salaries are pretty good as well!