Front End Developer
About Student Beans
Student Beans is an industry-leading, global marketing platform. We produce our award-winning technology for the world’s most famous brands such as TopShop, Microsoft, Apple, River Island and Domino’s, connecting them with the youth market and driving hundreds of millions of pounds of student sales every year. We consistently innovate to offer new solutions that drive ROI for our retailers and brands, satisfy our consumers and create an empowering workplace for our employees.
At Student Beans, we are on our most exciting journey of growth yet! In 2017, we doubled in size, significantly growing our London, Birmingham and Manchester offices and launching for the first time in New York. In 2018, we will be doubling the size of our business again and expanding our global reach into the rest of USA, Europe and Asia.
Student Beans is engaging more students with more brands than ever before; our technology is revolutionising the industry … and we are looking for great people to join us!
We are looking for a talented, constantly-curious and ambitious Front End Developer to join us. You will be working within a team of incredibly skilled Engineers and experience first hand what it is like to internationalise an industry-leading solution on a global scale. In this role, you will collaborate with Developers and Designers on a variety of web development projects, from our most mature products to new builds.
At Student Beans we are working with the best tools currently available and we constantly look to improve and renew. In order to achieve the best result in this fast paced, constantly evolving industry you will need to be able to quickly adapt and learn fast. Being at the bleeding edge of technology is very exciting and makes our work varied and fun, however brings with it a lot of challenges that can only be overcome by working together and staying true to our principals, and learning from our mistakes and failures.
We'd really like to hear from you, if you have ...
- A passion for our products!
- Understanding of responsive web development
- Hunger to learn and develop new skills, and work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Willing to go above and beyond to do whatever it takes to get things right
It would be a bonus, but not essential, if you have:
- Knowledge of CoffeeScript, Sass and HAML
- Knowledge of Node.js
- Knowledge of Ruby on Rails
Life at Student Beans
Our Engineering Team is a collective mix of the most passionate and talented Developers and Designers in the country. Take a look at what life for you at Student Beans would really be like - http://careers.studentbeans.com/engineers/
We are continuing to build a platform that we are passionate about and a business that our employees are proud to work for.
At Student Beans, we believe our success is only due to the fantastic people that have helped us on our journey. And so creating a fun and unique culture, where the environment is empowering and rewarding, is our main priority!
Here are just a few things that make Student Beans an awesome place to work:
- Industry-leading induction and training programme, with incredible career opportunities available, including management and international relocation/travel.
- Empowering and autonomous environment; you're encouraged to transform your ideas into tangible solutions and make a real impact!
- Amazing culture - office Sonos, ping pong, overflowing fruit bowl, sweet treats and drinks fridge!
- Flexible working hours - late starts and early finishes!
- Competitive salary
- Famous Christmas, Summer Parties, regular socials and adventurous activities
- Free gym membership
- Ridiculously tempting partnership discounts for the world's biggest brands ... Apple, Microsoft, Domino's ... to name a few!